Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stuff and Things

Kids are asleep and I'm alone. Quiet. Adam is doing a reading of a Two and a Half Men spec script tonight. He's had a big week. One of the screenplays he and his partner wrote is getting some real interest. Not sure what will happen, but it's the first time in a long time where something actually feels possible. He also has a new church calling so he will be busy. Something that is bugging me: My elliptical is broken. So sad. I hate being out of my workout routine. While it's being repaired I've forced myself to try some truly obnoxious Exercise TV. What has been really nice is hiking Fryman Canyon several times a week. Here are a couple views from up there:
Isn't it pretty? Clears my head a bit.

Anne and I went to this yogurt shop the other night, owned by Melissa Joan Hart of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. It was yummy - especially the peanut butter fro yo. Mmmmmm. This shop has more than just yogurt - gelato, cupcakes, a coffee bar, candy store. Definitely worth a trip. 

I am totally obsessed with this t-shirt from DownEast Basics... so much so I had to buy it in both colors. Don't make fun of me if you see me wearing it all the time. It's so soft and comfy. I would say they need to make it in more colors, but how many can I own before it gets ridiculous. And gray and brown go with everything.

Finally saw Julie & Julia and loved it. Adam did to. Reading The Time Travelers Wife, but it's slow starting. Looking forward to bringing it on the plane. Is it sad that flying without my kids feels like a vacation in and of itself?

Here's what Audrey and Tyler did tonight:

Bath night. I love this photo. They're having so much fun.
This video is mostly for my mom. Audrey is mommy's little helper.

Movie Night
The busier Adam gets, the more movie nights we seem to have. Is that bad? Tonight was Wall-E. I'm spending the next couple days getting ready for New York. Trying to stock my empty fridge for babysitters. Doing last minute laundry. Cleaning bathrooms and such, since family is staying here this weekend. Pack. Busy... but in the best way. 

3 comments:

Kage said...

TTW is a good book, the movie was a bit slow too---sorry to dissappoint.

Wasn't J & J great?

Can't wait to hear more about Adam's screenplay. See you soon? email me.

Hillary said...

So nice to know the latest happenings. Sorry about your elliptical. Audrey washing Tyler's hair is super cute!

Tanya said...

I know exactly what you mean about flying without kids being a vacation in and of itself. I felt that way too when I flew alone this year. Audrey is so cute she is a good helper, I hear girls are just more helpful.