Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Doesn't it seem like the summer is going by so fast? A little too fast for me. This week has been a bit hectic balancing mommmyhood and apartment manager duties. Can I say, I am so grateful for our job. It has saved our butts time and time again. Adam has been around this week, so I've had a little time to myself. Yesterday I got my hair cut with Kelly. The highlight was when she pointed out a spot of gray hair that has been hiding on the back of my head. I blame my kids. Overall we are enjoying our last "official" month of summer. Here are some things that have made me happy this summer:

My summer favorite, the Shimmer Brick Compact. This stuff is wonderful and has lasted me several summers. The perfect amount of shimmer.

Powderflage. I've blogged about this before and am now a die hard fan. I will always have this in my makeup drawer. Always. It's subtle, but I see and feel a difference under my eyes. I am converted.

We have a major sweet tooth in this house. This summer we've stayed cool snacking on: Mighty Mini Slow Melt Popsicles. These are the cutest, tiniest popsicles we first had at my Dad's house in Virginia. Perfect size for little hands. Dreyer's Yogurt Blends in Tart Honey. I am a sucker for tart ice cream (especially with fresh fruit and tons of mochis on top). And these from Weight Watchers. So good! One of the tastiest treats I've had all summer.

Stone-Ground Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips and Trader Joe's Salsa Verde. Edamame hummus. Grapefruit Perrier.... mmmmmm. 

The fact that Top Chef and Project Runway are coming back this month. And Adam and I have been watching Friends reruns every night at 11pm. That show makes me happy.

Jessica Simpson high heels. Who knew? I ordered this pair to go with a dress I'm wearing to Adriana's rehearsal dinner. They are surprisingly comfortable. I think my feet might survive New York City in them.

Lately I've had some, um, let's say "bad skin issues" on my shoulders. Not pretty. (Something I also blame on having kids and out-of-whack hormones). I thought I might have to buy some expensive tea tree oil soap, but  this body wash really works. I opted for the grapefruit.

And lastly, any combination of soaps and lotions from Restoration Hardware. My personal favorites are Sweet Orange and Cucumber Mint. They are so yummy, and they're on sale now!

Well, that's a long read. And if you haven't had enough, here is one last photo for your weekend.
Does this sweet girl make you want to come over and watch Little Einsteins with us? (Another summer favorite). Lemme know. What are some your summer favorites?

10 comments:

embot said...

i love these posts. It makes me want to click and order everything on the list. especially those shoes! nice pick. You'll look fabulous!

Unknown said...

thanks for your recommendations. i always steal cosmetic recommendations from my friends b/c i am soooo clueless on my own. And I like how your recommendations are always reasonably priced :-)

Catherina said...

Super cute heels Beth!:-)

Sara said...

Oh that baby girl of yours is beyond adorable. I miss that age so much.

And I may have to check out that powerder flage thing - looks pretty cool...

Anonymous said...

Very Cute. My summer favs. Watermelon, Body Shimmer, Loreal Bronzer, and Burt Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm. Oh, and home made body scrubs! (Way better than store bought)

:)

Beth said...

Arlene - I'm gonna need the recipe for that scrub. Post it on your blog!!

Adriana said...

OMG THOSE SHOES THOSE SHOES!!!!!!!
Your Audrey is also very cute but,
THOSE SHOES!!!!
You are going to be one hot mama!!!!

laurenpfaust said...

hmmmm, my favorite summer treats? for me, it's all about the fashion...jersey cotton dresses (they're the softest and most flowy!), old navy flip flops in every color, bronzer and GO!

Amber said...

I ditto the shoes comment. Those are fun! We definitely want to see pictures.

Lyndsay said...

Clinique makes a great body spray for problem skin. It works well on shoulders and upper back. I had that same problem after Finn was born.