Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Encino Girls

Amber, Renee, Jackie, Emily, and Brooke. These ladies are wonderful. They were absolutely answers to my prayers when I moved across country and left my New York City friends behind. These girls took me under their wings. They were already moms when I was pregnant with Tyler. They taught me how to be a mom. "What kinds of diapers are best? Who is The Baby Whisperer? Tyler has a fever, should I call the doctor? I'm going to pull my hair out, please get me out of the house!". I don't think you ever forget the women who surround you when you first become a mom. The women who support you, bring you dinner, understand when you're stressed because that's where they were yesterday. We have all since moved from Encino, but still get together for girls night to celebrate babies, birthdays - really any excuse to eat chocolate or cheesecake, and do a lot of talking. I'm grateful to know these girls, that our kids play together, and that we all still manage to sneak out of the house and escape mommyhood on occasion. And right now I'm wishing I had a little Keylime Cheesecake leftover from last night's festivities... mmmmmm.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

how fun, I know what you mean about the people that helped you through your first experience with mommyhood. I am glad you are all able to get together even though you have scattered a bit. Friends are awesome!!!

laurenpfaust said...

you all look gorgeous!!!

miss sophie awesome said...

oh, what a great night. Even with the stupid mirror booth!

miss sophie awesome said...

Ha, ha. i'm logged in as sophie.
embot

Lyndsay said...

Keylime cheesecake is my absolute favorite!!