Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Spooky Reading

Emily posted about Halloween traditions and it got me thinking about one of ours. Books. I didn't start out trying to make holiday books a tradition necessarily, but since I've had my kids our holiday book collection has grown... well, namely for Christmas and Halloween. Every year I add two or three books to these collections. When the holiday is over I put the books away for next year, that way we always look forward to pulling them out - and I think it keeps them special. Here are some of our favorite Halloween books:

Happy Halloween Little Critter

Little Critter The Fall Festival (Obviously we are fans of Little Critter)

For the truck-loving boys, Danny Dozer and the Haunted House

The Teeny Tiny Ghost This is a new one we just bought. I especially love the illustrations.

Happy Halloween Curious George (Big Curious George fans over here, too.)

For the babies and toddlers, Little Spider

And this one is not my favorite read, but Tyler loves it and picked it out all by himself. Little Einsteins: The Pumpkin Patch Puzzle.

Happy Halloween reading! Please add your favorites to our list. Maybe we will pick them up to add to our collection!

3 comments:

Renee said...

I do that too actually. I like to get at least one new one every year. Even Valentines Day (which I hate and don't even call a holiday). The one we like that comes to mind is The Bernstein Bears Trick or Treat...that's all I can think of at the moment.

Jen said...

I went to the library in search of Halloween books for the boys and there was NOTHING! I guess I'm going to have to fork out some money...thanks for the list!

Brent and Emily said...

Hocus & Pocus At The Circus
Scaredy Cats

Those are 2 of my favorite books from when I was a kid. And the illustrations are fabulous. :)