Wednesday, October 1, 2008

'Tis the Season

It's 100 degrees out today. Probably better weather for popsicle eating than for cookie baking, but I'm geared up for fall (thanks to the teaser weather we had a couple weeks ago). Since it's October, here is a new recipe I stole from one of my Young Women (who confessed that she stole it from my friend Emily). I never considered myself a fan of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, but these are so yummy. I think I ate at least half a dozen at Young Women's the other night. I also love that the recipe only involves three ingredients, and it makes a ton of cookies. That's my kind of recipe. Perfect for sharing... but make sure to keep a dozen for yourself.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 small can of pumpkin
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 box spice cake mix

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the ingredients together (don't add anything to the cake mix). Spoon onto a cookie sheet and bake until they are not gooey. This may take a while, probably around 15-20 minutes. Cool and enjoy with a huge glass of milk!

How easy does that sound!  

5 comments:

Kage said...

seriously? I can't wait til they get the pumpkin in. Remind me to stockpile this year so that I can make pumpkin cookies in June....

Our Micro-Preemie organization said...

I know, these cookies really are the best! Like a cross between a cupcake and a cookie. A cupcookie!

Anonymous said...

I love you.

Renee said...

I will definitely have to try these. I am always doing my pumpking bars or pumpkin bread during this season. I love the taste of pretty much anything pumpkin. I will just have to add this to my selection.

Brent and Emily said...

I'm so glad it's fall and I can break out all of my pumpkin recipes! I have to make a confession about this one though. I got that recipe from an Enrichment night when I was newly married and living in Orem. The lady that gave it to us was a professional caterer and made them all the time for fall events.