Butternut Squash Soup
4 c. butternut squash cubed (buy it already cubed from Trader Joe's or your local grocery store, it will save you a lot of time.)
1 peeled and quartered Granny Smith apple
1 c. chopped onion
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 5 oz. can evaporated milk
2 14.5 oz. cans of chicken or vegetable broth
1. Put all ingredients except milk in pot and bring to a rolling boil.
2. Simmer for 25 minutes (until squash and apple are very soft).
3. Put mixture in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
4. Poor back into pot. Stir in milk and serve at desired temperature.
I also like to add a touch of nutmeg or allspice (whichever you have in your pantry) to taste. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!


8 comments:
I don't know if I told you ages ago but this is only 1pnt per cup....SO good and I haven't made it in forever...you have inspired me!
1 point??!!! That's awesome. I need to add that the credit for the recipe goes to Karen. That's beauty gal's mom.
It sounds SO YUMMY!! I'm totally going to try that as soon as it gets chilly outside. I've got a killer Tomato Basil Bisque recipe that I can't wait to bring out of hiding.
that sounds so yummy I'll have to try it. I love making soup when it is chilly, and yes Emily does have a killer Tomato basil Bisque soup, I am getting very excited for this soup social...yummmy
I love soup. Caleb isn't a big fan, so we don't have it much-thus the soup social is something I've been looking forward to for awhile. Let me know next week if you use the chicken stock or the veggie stock- If it's veggie- I'm so going to try this!
Claire - I've never done it with veggie, but I will this Tuesday just for you :)
Looks good, Beth! I just printed it out and added it to my recipe book. I think I might try it when the weather gets a little more "fallish".
Thanks for the recipe and enjoy your last weekend as a family of four!!
Post a Comment